The majority of Lancaster BID initiatives are targeted at the public with the specific aim of driving increased footfall into Lancaster city centre to spend with local businesses.
Less visible to many, but equally important, is our work to directly support business owners. This Key Goal has become more critical than ever during the COVID-19 Pandemic when Lancaster BID has continued to provide essential prompt updates to businesses to support them to survive and safely reopen. This included providing over 1,000 social distancing floor markers and 50 counter screens free of charge to levy paying businesses to facilitate safe reopening.
Throughout the new BID term, Lancaster BID will continue to deliver direct targeted support to businesses responsive to need. Specific initiatives which will continue throughout the next BID term will include:
- Our BID Ambassador Awards will return even bigger and better to reward the businesses which go above and beyond to help raise the profile of Lancaster city centre. The Awards offer high profile promotional opportunities to showcase the very best businesses to the wider public.
- Our regular newsletter will continue to provide frequent updates on BID initiatives and wider useful information relevant to local businesses. The frequency of the newsletter increased during lockdown and will continue to be circulated on at least a fortnightly basis to ensure businesses remain fully informed with the most up to date information.
- We will resume our hugely popular BID Business Breakfast events which focus on specific themes most relevant to businesses, with expert speakers and the opportunity to put questions to the panel.
- We will work with businesses to identify sector specific needs and deliver FREE training to build skills within the local business community. Previous training delivered includes Dementia Awareness, Window Dressing, Social Media and Video Marketing.
- FREE marketing opportunities will continue to be available for city centre businesses including on the LoyalFree App, BID social media accounts and local media.
All our support to businesses will be responsive to local priorities and businesses are always encouraged to contact us to suggest any topics which would be beneficial.